By agreeing to this site policy, you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following.
By using the Moodle Association website you agree to abide by this Site Policy.
The purpose of the website is to conduct the activities of the Moodle Association Inc, so the policy outlines that we are all here to support each other and the activities of the Moodle Association. If you are not doing the right thing, then the members have the right to rescind your membership and access to the site.
You must, essentially, abide by the Rules of the Association, which are summarised and available here: https://moodleassociation.org/rules, and use the site for the purposes intended.
FYI, the main activities in the site are
- propose new development projects, and develop specifications together
- participate in project discussions, suggest and accept specifications refinements
- vote for new projects to be put to development by Moodle Pty Ltd
- join Association meetings, decision-making communication and voting
- manage your Membership
Moodle Association Inc website exists only for the activities of Association members in the business of the Association. Its prime purpose is for proposing projects for development by Moodle Pty Ltd, developing specifications collaboratively, and voting on projects for presenting to Moodle Pty Ltd for development in Moodle core. Secondary purposes are for the business of managing the Association, such as Committee meetings, decision-making by members, meetings, document sharing, election of Committee members.
We ask you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the Association, to act in good faith, and to make contributions aimed at determining relevant projects for Moodle and its world users, and specifications that ensure the use case and and requirements are clear.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmfulto other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, in order to ensure that MoodleAssociation.org is a safe place for all users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites.
A. Membership and site users
The website is provided only to members of the Association, and the invited participants of Organisation members.
- To access the Moodle Association site, you must be a financial member of the Association.
- A financial member is a member who has paid their annual subscription.
- A financial member may be an individual person or an Organisation, in accordance with the Rules of the Association.
- Organisations may invite additional persons to represent the Organisations’ membership and may have access to and participate in membership activities, in accordance with the Rules of the Association
- A user may not be younger than 13 years of age.
- The Moodle Association Committee of Management (hereafter, the Committee) reserves the right to remove access to the website of members and any invited participants of an Organisation membership in accordance with the Rules.
B. Content and Activities
The website is available expressly for the purposes of conducting the Activities of the Association.
- The website, its features and functionality are owned by the Moodle Association Inc, and managed by its Membership Committee.
- All code and content on MoodleAssociation.org is implicitly licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3 or later. This is because it is possible for any fragment of text to eventually end up in Moodle itself and so it must be compatible. It is the user’s responsibility to obtain appropriate licensing and attribution for any content they post to the site.
- Members must respect the confidentiality and privacy of other members. If a person has shared information regarding their organisation in order to help with defining project specifications then this should not be shared outside the Association website by other Members.
- We cannot and do not undertake to review all materials before they are posted on the website, and cannot ensure immediate removal of any objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided for the website by any user or third party.
- We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any third party content posted on the website. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
You agree that:
- You are responsible for anything you contribute to the website.
- The content you publish will not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- The content you publish will not promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The content you publish will not knowingly infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person, company or organisation.
- You will not use the website to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "spam", "junk mail", "chain letter" or any other similar solicitation.
- You will not impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Moodle Association Inc or a Moodle Association member, committee member, employee, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- The primary language of the site is English. The specifications must be written in English. Other languages may be used in other areas of the site, including Groups and Forums, for example.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the website in any way that violates any applicable law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from Australia or other countries);
- Use the website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the website or interfere with any other party's use of the website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the website;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the website;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the website, the server on which the website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the website; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website.
F. Site policy violations
- If you come across any spam, unsolicited adverts or any other content that you feel is inappropriate, please report to the Committee or Chairperson of the Committee.
- Posts which violate our site policy may be deleted at the discretion of the Association Committee. Spammers or anyone else who persists in violating our code of conduct may have their membership and access to the website removed, in accordance with the Rules of the Association.
Your use of the site is linked to your membership of the Association.
- If you are no longer a member, then you retain read-only access of the website.
- If you are no longer an invited (non-voting) participant of an Organisation, then you should no longer have access to this site and its activities.
- If you wish to cancel access to a site, persons with an Individual membership must contact the Chairperson or Secretary of the Association to request removal from the site.
- An Organisation is responsible for the people it invites to the membership and associated activities. It is the responsibility of the Organisation to remove people from its invited list of participants. A person who is an invited participant in an Organisation membership who wishes to withdraw from the Organisation affiliation or no longer have access to the Association site must contact the person who subscribed the Organisation to the Association. This information is available on the “Membership details” page within the website.
- Your contributions to the site up to the stage of cancellation will be retained in the site.
- The Committee may rescind your rights to access the site and/or to have read only / guest access in Accordance of the rules or violation of this site policy.
Moodle Association Inc and its Committee, the owner and operator of MoodleAssociation.org, reserves the right to modify any of this Policy at any time. Please check this Policy regularly for changes - your continued access to MoodleAssociation.org following the posting of any changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes. In case of any dispute the Committee's opinion is final.
Moodle Association Inc reserves the right to remove access to MoodleAssociation.org or membership of the Association or remove any file or content from the website that it determines is in violation of the rules in this Terms of Service. Furthermore if we find illegal activity we will report your contact details to legal authorities.
If you have questions or concerns about this Site Policy, please contact us the Moodle Association Committee of Management or its Chairperson:
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy covers the Moodle Association website, in particular the post login members' area.
We value your privacy and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. We do not share or distribute your personal information (including email address), but it may be accessible to Committee members, other members and invited participants of Organisation membership, and employees of the Moodle Association or Moodle Pty Ltd who may from time to time be engaged with the website. We may be required to share stored personal information by law.
All information that you disclose in your profile, in project specifications, forum posts, comments, wikis or other website activities and Association activities, including recorded synchronous meetings, is intended only for the purposes of Association business, including developing project specifications and providing necessary information of projects for development in Moodle core by Moodle Pty Ltd. BY contributing information to the website, you agree that your content will be licensed under the GNU General Public License v3. This applies to all information on the web site, unless otherwise stated.
IP addresses, URLs visited, and related information is recorded for all site visitors for the purpose of site traffic analytics and captured as part of normal operation in our server logs. Cookies are used to track logins, sessions, and collect anonymous traffic data.
If you have any questions about any of these practices or our use of your personal information, please email email@example.com.