Association news

April MUA Newsletter

Picture of Emma Richardson
April MUA Newsletter
by Emma Richardson - Tuesday, 3 April 2018, 7:01 AM UTC

Well, spring break is over (for me at least!) and in my world that means a mix of setting up the school schedules for next year, thinking about Moodle upgrades before next semester and on the cattle ranch side, we are calving!  This is definitely one of my favorite times of year.  

At the Moodle User's Association, we just finished the first round of voting on the current project cycle.  This vote just takes us down to the top ten projects about which the committee will now be contacting the proposers to see if we can polish them up before sending them to HQ for initial cost estimates.  If you are a proposer, please be sure to subscribe to the forum for your proposal and check your tracker item.  If your project was not selected for the top ten, please consider resubmitting next round but also remember that the proposal also lives on in the Moodle tracker and I would definitely recommend that you try and solicit tracker votes and see if maybe you can get your project looked at that way.

You can follow progress on the project currently in development at https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MUA-32 - the main functionality is also available on Moodle's prototype site - https://qbank.prototype.moodle.org/my/. ; It would help us and HQ greatly if some of you could log in and test out the new question tag features and provide any feedback on the tracker.  Thank you! 

We have HQ visitors at both of our town halls this month!  Sander Bangma will be visiting during the second half of the Town Hall on April 3rd to discuss the new GDPR changes in Moodle.  This should be of great interest to our European members and guests.  On April 10th, we have Alberto Corado coming in to discuss the vision for the UX moving forward.  This will be a continuation of his presentation last month and should be a great meeting as I know the group that regularly attends the second Town Hall all had some great questions for him.

The committee is about to start planning for the Annual General Meeting which will be held in early fall/autumn.  Please stay posted for news about the Annual General Meeting.  We hope to have improved participation this year.

We had committee members at the MootIEUK - I hope some of you were able to connect with them.  We also had some of our members present at the Moot in Germany - thank you for helping to get the word out.  Please encourage your friends and colleagues to join the Moodle User's Association - the greater the number of members means more new features in the software that we all use and love!!  

As always, feel free to contact us with questions and concerns.  Happy Moodling!

Emma Richardson

Committee Chair

(Edited by Richard Samson - original submission Sunday, 1 April 2018, 11:00 PM UTC)